Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Back...with knitting, elvis & other stuff

The other day I was knitting away and started thinking about before the knitting mania set in and how I loved to cross stitch, sew & embroider. This got me motivated to dig out a small little kit that I bought years ago from the dollar bin at Michaels. While I can't say that I will pull out all my embroidery floss/patterns/kits and bury myself in the world of cross stitch...it's fun at the moment and a nice break from the miles of garter on my Happy Street. Happy Street is almost done! I've got the last few rows of the gray, bind-off & weaving in ends - hurrah~ Mine is knit with Dancing Dog Dye Works Twist Sock --- Michelle offered Happy Street Kits with dark gray, light gray and your choice of color - I picked Beach Glass and I am SO happy with the combo. and lastly there's a little Elvis, because there should always be a little Elvis, right? To celebrate the 45th anniversary of the 68' Comeback, there is a fan mosaic making up this iconic image pretty cool huh? I of course had to send in my photo so I will now be a teeny tiny part of this awesome collaboration!

2 comments:

Carmen Sherlock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen Sherlock said...

Hi Susan! Just found you on Ravelry. Love your blog name as my last name is Sherlock! I have the yarn for Happy Street but haven't cast on yet. I thoroughly enjoyed her Color Affection so I'm sure I will enjoy this one too. The miles of garter stitch are great for keeping my hands busy while at my kids hockey games or for when I don't feel like thinking too much about what I'm knitting.

Funny you mentioned cross stitch. Like you, before the knitting bug bit, I used to do a fair amount of it but haven't touched in for years. On a recent visit to my parents' I ended up teaching my daughters how to cross stitch after they saw a few pieces I had done. While teaching them, I realized that I miss it and plan on doing the odd project here and there.

Take care and happy crafting!